Saturday, January 10, 2009

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILL-O-NAIRE!

So, Slumdog Millionaire was AMAZINGAMAZINGAMAZING.
Seriously.
Go see it tonight.
It was all I could do not to dance in the aisles.
Thank you, MIA-heavy soundtrack.

The character progression was well done overall, aside from a few inconsistencies and unneccesary emphasis on the part of one person in particular. However, the strength of the other personalities made up for it, so I forgive the movie for Salim.
I loathed the game show host, but then, I'm pretty sure he was written that way intentionally.
However, I did REALLY enjoy the way he pronounced millionaire.
I may have to start doing it myself.
Since I say the word millionaire so often...

I also loved the pseudo-frame story format told in a serious of interwoven, non-linear flashbacks and flash forwards. Alternative story telling is always a golden gamble in my book, and this film proves how powerful it can be when done right.
I mean, I teared up a few times.
(God I'm such a pansy.)

And while the ending was a little cheesy for my taste, it is a romance, after all. So what can you do?
And the AMAZING dance routine scene at the end of the film more than compensated for the few seat squirming, soda slurping, anything but allowing myself to be totally immersed moments I had to endure during the mushy mire preceding it.

The children dancing was totally totally the best part.

It was also nice seeing a lot of old, familiar,(fairly) fun faces. JKJK.
You guys are more than fairly fun.
I would say incredibly even.
And who doesn't love a 1 a.m. run to Cook-Out?!

That certainly needs to happen more often.

But crikes.
I just wasted my whole lunch break blogging.
Ayayay, intarwebs.

1 comment:

A.C. said...

nice review.

and i agree, we should hang more often.