Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Although I haven't been posting...

I have been writing!

I really actually love not having internet access at home. It saves me from wasting countless hours online, doing exactly what I've done here at my parents house tonight -- you know, wasting countless hours online.
What I've done during these past hours, I couldn't tell you.
I honestly don't know.
But I've been sitting here, sort of surfing, through Facebook and twitter and blogs (and internet time warps, apparently) and all kinds of things that just don't really matter.
[No offense, A.C., since your blog is one of the ones I read. I do enjoy it. And happy belated blog birthday! I believe ours share that date. Or near about. :) ]

But when I'm at home, at my shitty little apartment on Chamberlain,
I READ.
NOVELS.
And I WRITE. For hours on end.
All those hours that I would have wasted here, on the intarwebs, otherwise.

So, score one for creativity and inspiration.
And on that note, I'm out.
I'm determined to finish Lolita and Doctor Zhivago over these next few days, so I can really focus on A History of God and the awesome awesome Neil Gaiman book Drew gave me, called Fragile Things.
I'm pretty sure it's a problem that I'm in the middle of about six different books right now.

GOD LITERATURE. I LOVE IT.

I really hope Santa just brings me a Barnes and Noble. :)

1 comment:

A.C. said...

I have to agree about the lack of connectivity. Kinda nice.

Santa is coming. Go to sleep.